FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
260 PERSHING AVENUE
LEECHBURG, PA 15656
PHONE: (724) 845-8923
FAX: (724) 845-7452
MONDAY through FRIDAY
8:30 am to 4:30 pm -
Last transaction 4:15 pm
OFFICE CLOSED EARLY:
Last Business Day of month -
Last transaction 3:00 pm
This page contains information about how we manage dormant accounts, our scholarship program and other resources for you to use.
ATTENTION STUDENTS - UP to 4 SCHOLARSHIP's Available
2020 College Scholarship Program
Hosted by the Allegheny-Kiski Valley Chapter Pennsylvania Credit Union Association
- Applicant must be attending college, business, technical or trade school in the fall of 2020 and be a current credit union member in good standing to be eligible. The applicant must be a member of a credit union that is a member of this chapter.
- Up to four $500 scholarships will be awarded (based on finances at the time awards are given).
- All entries must be postmarked by February 5, 2020 and mailed to: U$X FCU, Attn: Scholarship Entry, PO Box 189, Saxonburg, PA 16056.
- Entries will be independently judged by various individuals within the Pennsylvania credit union movement.
- All finalists will be requested to attend or send a representative to the Allegheny-Kiski Valley Chapter meeting in the Lower Burrell area on Wednesday evening, June 10, 2020, where the winners will be announced.
Click here for the Application and Instructions: AKVChapterScholarship2020
We suggest visiting your credit union, and do further research at your local library or online. Some possibilities for your consideration include:
Our Credit Union policy dictates that a member’s account with no activity for three years is defined as a “dormant account,” and one of the following actions must be taken:
*To activate the account:
- You may do a deposit to the dormant account or
- You may do a withdrawal from the dormant account or
- You may do a non-cash transfer to another account at the Credit Union.
*To close the account:
- You can request the account be closed by contacting the Credit Union staff or the Supervisory Committee and a check will be issued to close the account.
*If there is no response and a member cannot be located the following happens to your Unclaimed Property:
- Balance less than $180.00, the account will be closed and the balance will be charged an inactive account fee. The inactive account fee is currently $5.00 per month, retroactive.
- Balance more than $180.00, the retroactive fee of $5.00 monthly will be withdrawn, the account closed, and a check for the difference will be forwarded to the state as required by law.
What is Unclaimed Property? Unclaimed property is any financial asset that has been left with a “holder,” such as a bank, insurance company or other business or organization, without activity or contact for a period of three years. Approximately one in ten Pennsylvanians have unclaimed property – do you?
To Find Unclaimed Property or for more information, go to http://www.patreasury.gov or call 1-800-222-2046.
WARNING: Signing an agreement to have someone assist you in recovering unclaimed money may entail the payment of fees. Before signing any agreement, check with the PA Treasury Department Office whose staff will assist you in recovering your property free of charge.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SCHOLARSHIP WINNERSMORGAN ASHBAUGH CASEY NASETKA $500.00 WINNER $250.00 WINNER
For Q&A’s on College Financing Click on the link below:
Your savings is federally insured up to $250,000.00 through the National Credit Union Administration, a U. S. Government Agency and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. For More information, visit www.ncua.gov.